When creating a new Receive Connector on Exchange Server 2007 SP3 (Update Rollup 2) the creation failed with a non-retriabele error and a “the requested attribute does not exist” error:
Active Directory operation failed on GL-SRV.test.local. This error is not retriable. Additional information: The parameter is incorrect.
Active directory response: 00000057: LdapErr: DSID-0C090C26, comment: Error in attribute conversion operation, data 0, v1772
The requested attribute does not exist.
Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
new-ReceiveConnector -Name ‘mail.gltest.com’ -Usage ‘Internet’ -Bindings ‘0.0.0.0:25’ -Fqdn ‘mail.gltest.com’ -Server ‘GL-SRV’
Elapsed Time: 00:00:00
According to this article on the Microsoft Exchange Team site more people are facing this issue (scroll through the comments). It looks like something specific to UR1 and UR2 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3:http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2010/09/09/3410985.aspx
Microsoft is aware of this issue and it is currently being investigated. It looks like the schema upgrade during SP3 is not performed properly sometimes, resulting in an incorrect schema for Service Pack 3. Unfortunately the setup application of SP3 continues, resulting in these kind of errors.
You can solve it by running the Exchange 2007 SP3 schema upgrade again:
After this creation of a new Receive Connector is successful.
How to manually remove an Exchange 2007 that got hosed.
Uninstalling exchange was also unsuccessful because some objects were missing from Active Directory. I also wanted to avoid reinstalling the OS as I have critical software that needs to remain. So I tried removing exchange manually.
- Run setup /m:uninstall (From Exchange 2007 Media)
- Stop and disable all the Exchange 2007 services
- Use Registry Editor (Start->Run->Regedit) to remove these Exchange related registry keys:
- HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesMSExchange* (all the keys starting with “MSExchange”)
- HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallMicrosoft Exchange
- Remove the entire Web Server role (don’t forget to reinstall afterwards as it’s a prerequisite for E2K7!)
- Remove the Exchange 2007 server from Active Directory. I ended up deleting the entire “Microsoft Exchange” branch from ADSIEdit (Configuration Container > Services > Microsoft Exchange) as my domain only has one server.
- Use Windows Explorer to delete:
- C:Program FilesMicrosoftExchange Server
- Use Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to remove all the exchange related info from the installer database.
- Remove the security groups created by Exchange setup from AD
Note: Manually removing Exchange 2007 is not supported by Microsoft! Official guidance for removing Exchange 2007 can be found in this TechNet article.
While migrating an Exchange 2007 (or 2010) mailbox into Office 365 (O365), autodiscover connects Outlook to the Exchange Server rather than connecting to the O365 mailbox. Although you can’t connect via Outlook, Outlook Web Apps (OWA) and mobile devices might correctly connect to the O365 mailbox.
This issue occurs because you have an on-premise Exchange Server. Autodiscover for Outlook will always point to the on-premise environment.
When you install an Exchange 2007 or 2010 Client Access Server (CAS) role, a number of service-related configurations are applied. What is causing the issue is the service connection point (SCP). This is an Active Directory (AD) object that gets created on the server that the CAS role gets installed on. The SCP object contains the authoritative list of autodiscover service URLs for the forest. To see this list, you can run the following command in the Exchange Management Shell (EMS):